Chris Brady from the LIFE Business shares reasons people quit
Chris Brady is a best selling author and leadership expert from the LIFE Business. Over the past two decades Chris has help many succeed but has witnessed some give up on themselves as well. This is his list of ten reasons he has found.
Over the past ten years I have worked with thousands of people and sadly some fell prey to this list. I pray you review the top 10 reasons and guard your mind, so you can live your dreams. Pursuing your dreams will take all you have, but as Chris Brady says: “It will probably take all you have, to become all you were meant to be.”
LIFE Business gives you the tools to succeed
One of the secrets of success is getting the right information daily. The LIFE Business was designed to provide life changing information and education. We help people become their best by giving them the tools to read, listen and associate with successful entrepreneurs across North America. Learn more about the LIFE Business today and begin to mentally prepare for the LIFE you have always wanted!
Enjoy this article from one of the founders of the LIFE Business
For nearly twenty years I’ve worked with people in an entrepreneurial setting, encouraging and coaching them to fulfill their dreams and goals. I’ve seen people come and I’ve seen people go, and through it all there emerges a pattern of behavior. I’ve often been asked, “What’s the difference between those who ‘make it’ and those who don’t?”
Giving this some thought recently resulted in what I’ll call my “Top 10 Reasons People Quit Something Worthy.” This isn’t revelation from God, it’s not infallible, and it’s probably not even complete. But it is mine, and now it can be yours, too. I hope it helps!
10. Pride – uwilling to “look the fool” while going through the necessary failures along the way
9. Besetting Sin – an addiction or something destructive in their lifestyle that tears their life apart
8. Lack of Character – they have to take their “game” elsewhere because they’ve been “found out”
7. Distractions – men fail by “broken focus”
6. Comfort – the “lure of lesser things”
5. Dream Not Big Enough – without a powerful dream there is no focus, no passion, and no long term vision
4. Relational Challenges – can’t get along with others
3. Unwillingness to Accept Personal Responsibility – blame others for lack of results
2. Self Doubt – can’t see themselves having the big victory
1. No Mental Toughness – don’t have the discipline and/or courage to hang in there when times get tough
Of course, we could debate the order of these items, and even add a few more to the list, but the point is to provide some thought starters you can use to hold up against your own life. Also, don’t get me wrong. Part of success in life is knowing what to quit! You can’t do everything, and in order to succeed mightily you must focus. So quitting “unworthy” or “lesser” things is actually a part of success. The situation to which I’m referring in the list above is when people quit something worthy, something central, something that has been their heart’s desire, something into which they’ve poured hours and energy and hopes.
Now, a couple questions:
Are you chasing something great in your life?
Are you seeking to live a life of purpose and meaning?
I hope the answer to both is a hearty “yes,” and if so, then perhaps this list can help you identify weaknesses you can shore up against failure. Figure out where you’re susceptible and do something about it. It’s these ten you’ll have to beat if you’re going to “make it.”